9.12.07

Haha. Life.

Life is really... funny.

When it comes right down to it, life is scary. It's like this unmovable force that thrusts you forward into growth and maturity while you desperately cling to the comforting past. And that's where memory comes in, I guess, to help you through the rough times of break-ups and rumors with thoughts of your elementary school friends or your first kiss.

People are always talking about how their life is so bad. How they find themselves in a tunnel with no light. But is their life so bad? After all, life is nothing more than a collection of time. Now how you decide to spend that time is where living takes place. So how can your life be bad? It doesn't make much sense to me. There's no such thing as "bad" time. A minute is a minute. A year a year. A life... well, yeah.

This "self-evaluation" of life (if you wanna call it that) comes from my sudden realization that I'm not the person I thought I was. The girl I used to be. I thought I was brave, outgoing. Apparently not. The old me would've have been able to march right up to [censored for privacy] and tell him/her/it exactly how I feel. How could the same girl who boldly asked out a senior when she was only a sophomore find herself suddenly shy around another? There must be some unexplainable force pushing me to consider consequences and the dangers of imbalance. Haha. Life.

I had this thought when starting this blog. It doesn't really apply now that I've gone off on the tangent, but I'm going to put it here anyway (because I think it's really deep). If I wasn't so sure someone else said it before me, I'd say you could quote me on this. But I am, so don't. (Unless it hasn't been said. Then, by all means, quote me.) :

One has to die in order to be immortal.

.:~o*'Kaylyn'*o~:.