16.3.08

Disc 2, Number 10


Friend (as defined by dictionary.com): a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile


The past few weeks... filled with anxiety. Two my friends celebrated their legality. (Damn, when is it ever going to be my turn?!) On the other hand, old gudges seemed to have reared their ugly head again and tiny scratches of flaws within our dynamic were put under more pressure. To their breaking point, if you ask me.


Today in church, Father used Judas as an example from the Passion of Christ for reflection. What caused Judas to betray the Son of Man? Perhaps it was jealousy, he offered, Judas was not as favored as the other Twelve and that could have been the reason. On the other hand, Peter, undoubtably a favorite, denied Jesus three times.


This made me think of the current situation with my friends. If lines were drawn between us, where would I stand? I can't bear to choose between them. But if I were forced by ignorance and over-emotions, five years of loyalty hold more value to me than two years of fun (and drama). Most people say quality of quantity...but, in this situation, quality is a by-product of quantity.


.:~o*'Kaylyn'*o~:.

No comments: