8.7.09

The Journey


For best results, read aloud. Enjoy!

The Journey

I take the road less travelled
not knowing where it will end
rejecting the guided path
and hoping to find a friend.
A companion to share this journey
and one to hold my hand.
One who will lead me
when my own certainty fails to command.
But the road has room for only one
to travel aimlessly into the rising sun.
I cry out to the sky
and reach out for the wind
regretting the good-byes
and praying this journey will soon end.
And when the journey is done
when all the steps have been taken
I will emerge
reborn
refreshed
and awakened.
I will look back upon the bridges
now ablaze with change
their smoldering ashes
whispering my name
calling me back to the past
and beckoning my presence
and refuse
for I have learned my lesson.
The road less travelled now lies beneath my feet
but the journey is now
ever-changing
ever-growing
and incomplete.

.:~o*'Kaylyn'*o~:.

No comments: