16.3.12

If These Walls Could Talk

I was cleaning off my desktop and found this picture...



Well, I say "clean", I guess I mean more so.. sort. It's still more than halfway cluttered with old files and icons. Like this picture. Anyway..

This picture may not look like much.. But it's the sum of a lifetime's work, dedication, and perseverance.. And it's the site where I've had some of my fondest memories. It's like a dream.. But looking at this picture reminds me that it's just wood, metal, plaster, and brick. What makes this picture so special--this place so special, is what it's become. How I feel when I'm there. Not the walls, but how I feel inside them.

I think captain Jack Sparrow said it best: "That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. "

Yeah, that's it. Freedom.

.:~o*'Kaylyn'*o~:.

No comments: