4.12.08

Reliving It and Loving It


So I try my best to have pretty cool titles for my blog. Something that's witty or alludes to what I'm talking about. Sometimes they're funny (tra la la) or reflect my current mood. But I'm noticing that with this new lay out--which I'm loving more and more everytime I see my blog--that titles don't show. Bummer. :( Maybe I'll start writing them at the top of my posts or something. idk.

Last night/ this morning was pretty fun. I stayed up the latest I have in a while. My roommate and I had a bunch of assignments to do before classes today. And, of course, I'm still taking on my own personal NaNo during the month of December. I'm doing pretty well on the latter. It flows a lot easier now. I find that now that I actually have a plan, the hard part is actually taking a moment to myself to just sit and write.

Anyway, back to last night... Adrianna and I clowned around for most of it. Wait for the fishes! Haha. Inside joke. We were up until about 3a. Actually, I finished a lot sooner than Adrianna. Since she had the light on and would occasionally ask me for help with the English she was working on, there was no point in trying to sleep. I spent my time trying to write and meet my word count goal for the day. Then I got sucked into watching loops of YouTube videos. Epic fail.

I decided to listen to upbeat music to keep me awake and alert. Plus, it helps me when writing. I started with current stuff like Lil' Wayne, who incidentally has 8 Grammy nominations, then I was hit with feelings of nostalgia. Enter 98 degrees, Backstreet Boys, N'Toon, and Sammie songs.

Everybodyyyy
Yeahhhhh
Rock ya bodyyyyy


It was really great hearing those songs again. Better yet, I actually remembered most if not all the lyrics to the songs. At the end of the videos, I looked the copyright dates. If I wasn't aware of how old, I was, that killed it. Ten years. I seem to remember running around my house screaming "Backstreet's back" at the top of my lungs and rushing into my sister's room to dance in her mirror with her like it was last week. Nope. Ten years. Wow.

So I'm thinking it'd be awesome if someone had a 90s party. Maybe like in the summer or something. But all the music would be from the 90s: Brittney, Christina, N*Sync, Backstreet Boys... All the classics. And we could dress like we did back then. Bright colors, mis-matched socks, jumpers and big hats.... I'm excited just thinking about it! Even though I know a snow storm in hell has a better chance of happening than this party, it's still a good idea, right?

Bye bye bye...

.:~o*'Kaylyn'*o~:.

No comments: