30.5.10

[i'm]perfection


There's no such thing as a perfect human. There couldn't be even if I believed in such things. "Perfect human" is a definition oxymoron. (As is "normal human" but that's another discussion)

All of us are the sum of our actions. Think about it. When your friend mentions someone, what's the first thing your mind goes to? "Oh, so-and-so? Is the one who did that small, insignificant thing that one time?" Yeah. Case and point.

I guess I've been wondering lately if people change. Do I believe people can change? Can I? Have I? If I did something once, what's the possibility of me doing it again? Even if the thing was a horrible deed that I would never want to do again... What distinguishes between mistake and habit? How do I know if it was a one-time thing or the beginning of a pattern?

I'm scared. I used to not trust other people. Now I'm not sure if I trust myself. If I can be trusted. If should be trusted. I don't think I want to keep another man's heart only to break it. I don't want to cause anymore pain.

We're supposed to learn from our mistakes. What have I learned? Did I even give myself time to learn? Sit back and look at my choices... I'm trying to put everything in order much too late, I think.

One day I'll have the answer to all these questions.

One thing's for sure though: I can't do this anymore.

.:~o*'Kaylyn'*o~:.

No comments: