1.6.08

D-Day


I never thought I'd say this, but I'm avoiding sleep right now. I'm avoiding sleep because when I open my eyes again, everything will be different. I feel like Lucy Pevensie when Asland tells her "All that you know is about to change." That is a very scary thought.


I did everything within my power to stall packing because in some twisted subconscious way, I guess I thought I could stall the entire process. There's no stalling time. It's like a giant bolder from rolling downhill or something. And you can do is either get ahead and let it hit you hard or stand behind and watch it slip away.


When I was younger, I envied my sister so much. Her beauty. Her popularity. Her style. Her age. She seemed so much older than I. And with age came more privileges. I never saw the growing responsibility. And now that I'm staring down the same path she once walked, I wish I could stay younger for just a bit longer.


In the words of Sadie, Peter, keep the gates open for me tonight.


.:~o*'Kaylyn'o*~:.

No comments: