31.10.08

Sands Through the Hourglass...


I was supposed to write (and post) a really cool poem today. One about Halloween, of course. It was going be very awesome with fast pacing and eerie word-choice. And I was going to repeat the line: "On this the night of All Hallows' Eve..." It was going to be epic.

But, I'm having a little trouble focusing.

Because as I'm looking at the date, I can't help but thinking I have less than 24 hours before beginning a journey that I cannot turn away from.

I'm speaking, of course, of NaNoWriMo.

I have pledged to write a full novel in the month of November. That's 50,000 words in 30 days. Period.
Which averages to about 1666 words everyday.
Which averages to about 60 words an hour.
Which averages to like a word a minute
Every minute.
Of every hour.
Of every day.
For 30 days.

And why would I subject myself to such torture and stress? Because I'm a writer. It's what I do. It's what I love. And what makes me happy. Deadlines are inevitable. It's like Christa says, "Writing's never done. It's due." And this deadline I'll be forced to follow. There's no changing when November 30th will come and mark the end of NaNoWriMo.

So, here's to the next 30 days!

.:~o*'Kaylyn'*o~:.

P.S. - Also, I've decided to start a new label for the series of posts specially dedicated to NaNoWriMo. Chronicling my progress and possible meltdowns and what not as I travel along this road.

No comments: