12.10.09

And I shall call it Wildfire


Not that I've totally forgotten about NaNoWarMo.. But I have been thinking about my actual NaNo more and more. It's all about the planning. I know the title. Wildfire. And today, I started working on a synopsis (like what you'd find on the back of the book). Here's what I got so far:

(And, yes, I'm aware some of this may seem familiar)

Wildfire
n.

1. a raging, rapidly spreading fire
2. something that acts very quickly and intensely
3. any large fire that spreads rapidly and is hard to extinguish


Carly Jameson, still sunburned from her Christian youth group's camping trip, is thrown into another unfamiliar wilderness: high school.

Being knocked down to the bottom of the food chain is never easy, especially when your older sister has her 3-inch stiletto implanted firmly on your neck. Not to mention being hated by teachers who think you're just like her. The worst part being it's only 11am!

Carly is about to discover how one off-handed comment can be misinterpreted, repeated, interpreted again, repeated, and spread in the unending, vicious cycle known as gossip; the wildfire quickly consuming her school and life.

not enough / 20,000

.:~o*'Kaylyn'*o~:.

No comments: