14.10.09

My name is Kaylyn.. and I'm a skipper


I'm beginning to think of chemistry like rehab for my laziness. If can push myself to go, I feel a little bit better about myself. And other people are beginning to take notice as well.

"I don't feel like going to chemistry today," I'll whine. "That's not good. You should try to go." is the usual response I'm met with. And, true, actually attending class has it's advantages. Especially when you take into account that nice safety net of an attendance grade he gives. (:

On the other hand, when I tell someone "I went to chemistry twice this week already," the reaction is quite different. "That's great! Gonna make it all week?" And I'll say I'll try but nothing's promised.. that I want to achieve my goal of going 3 times a week before the end of the semester--which, as it stands, I'm at 2/3 for this week and looking well for Friday--and they tend to encourage me further before I change the subject to something other than my carelessness.

Still, I wonder why I feel so apathetic about this class. It's been suggested to me that because I don't see myself using much chemistry as an English major with a hope to become a published author, I don't care. But is that really the reason? I mean, in high school, I still paid attention in chemistry (for the most part). And I knew then I wanted to be an author.

So is it the freedom of college that allows me to be so apathetic and lazy when it comes to chemistry? Or is it something completely different? I don't know.

But what I do know is that I am at least going to chemistry now. Paying attention... Well, that's another blog. :P

.:~o*'Kaylyn'*o~:.

[And, yes, I wrote this while in chemistry. Poor professor thinks I'm typing notes. Bwahaha!]

No comments: