22.11.07

Give Thanks

Thanksgiving is a time where the world seems to halt and people put aside their differences for a few hours to come together and...well, eat. Traditionally, this day is spent with family rather than friends. But the more I think about it, I can't help but to think that my friends--through never separating from my side and always being there for support and guidance--have in their own unique way, become like a second family to me.

It really became apparent to me how much like a family we actually resemble about a week ago we had decided to have our own Thanksgiving "feast" before school let out. Everyone really came together, organized and contributed to make sure we had a great meal. We talked, we laughed and we ate. And ate. And ate!

So, this year, I'm giving thanks to you:

Rachel - The textbook definition of what a best friend should be. You've helped me through a lot and have given me more than you'll ever realize. Thank you for... EVERYTHING (I mean it. Everything!).

Aaron - Aaron, Aaron, Aaron...You make me smile. A lot. Whether it was hotels or car rides, you were never afraid to share with me. Thank you for... being such a great listener. (Especially with me as a friend because I know I talk entirely too much!)

Mel - My sweet Mel-y Mel... Ah, who would've thought that I actually got something out of Dr. Micelle's class? Well, may not have learned much about America, but we did find each other. Thank you for... being who you are and showing me that I can be who I am as well.

Harrison - You keep me grounded in reality when my mind wants to fly into fantasy. Always there with a "shank" or pizza slicer when things get heated. Thank you for... being so brave and teaching me to be brave too.

Sadie - My "twin" (I was just born a month later). You know what I'm thinking before I get the chance to find the words. It's good to know someone who not only understands you, but can teach you things about yourself when you're too naive to even look. Thank you for... showing me that adventurous isn't always dangerous.

And to everyone else - You each have given me unique gifts through our experiences together. And I thank you.

.:~o*'Kaylyn'*o~:.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

You just made me smile.