29.11.07

Rumor has it...

I never too much worried about rumors. There was a time I thought as long as you kept your head down and your mouth shut, you had nothing to worry about. How very, very wrong was I!

I over-looked one crucial detail: People suck. Yes, people suck. Because people are never satisfied enough with their own lives so they greedily lick up the very drop of gossip that hits the circuit and people can't wait to spread it like some verbal STD. It doesn't matter how outlandish, how unbelieve or impossible the rumor is--in fact, that seems to be more desired--people will spread it without a second thought. And why? Because people suck.

And I'm not excluding myself from this statement. For I, too, am human. And I suck. But I have the sense of porpriety, the decency, and the bravery to say ask questions or to not spread unbelievable rumors unless I've heard them from the source. And I mean the source. Not their bestfriend. Not that girl in their 5th hour. And most certainly not their ex!

But, as I said, people suck. People can't wait to tarnish someone else's spotless record and expose the mere possibility that something may have happened behind closed doors in the hopes of taking the spotlight of their own soiled reputation. People just love to drag others down into their own depression and lonliness by taking away one of the hardest things to salvage: a reputation.

So, to all the people out there, you suck.

.:~o*'Kaylyn'*o~:.


P.S. - And for the few exceptional souls out there who don't mindlessly spread rumors... Thank you. You don't suck. As much.